Continuing professional education and IFLA : past, present, and a vision for the future : papers from the IFLA CPERT Second World Conference on Continuing Professional Education for the Library and Information Science Professions : a publication of the Continuing Professional Education Round Table (CPERT) of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions / World Conference on Continuing Professional Education for the Library and Information Science Professions (2nd : 1993 : Barcelona, Spain) ; edited by Blanche Woolls.
- Munich, Germany : New Providence, 1993. , ©1993
- Conference Name:
- World Conference on Continuing Professional Education for the Library and Information Science Professions (2nd : 1993 : Barcelona, Spain)
World Conference on Continuing Professional Education for the Library and Information Science Professions
- IFLA publications ; 66/67.
IFLA Publications, 0344-6891 ; 66/67
1 online resource (380 p.)
- Library education (Continuing education) -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- TABLE OF CONTENTS; Acknowledgements; Foreword; THURSDAY, August 19, 1993. INAUGURATION OF CONFERENCE. Overview of the Conference: Brooke E. Sheldon; KEYNOTE ADDRESS; Continuing Professional Education and IFLA: Vision for the Future; FIRST GENERAL SESSION; The Greening of Librarianship: Charging a New Course through Continuing Library Education; Distance Learning Panel; Distance Education and the Challenges of Continuing Professional Education; Shaping Distance Education in Library and Information Science through Technology: the University of South Carolina Model
Continuing Professional Education by Formal Courses: A Western Australian Appoach to Meeting the Needs of Country StudentsTeleconferencing as a Continuing Education Delivery System; Concurrent Sessions; Teaching in Three Locations: A Texas Perspective; Use of Distance Education Strategies for Continuing Education: Progress, Issues, and Challenges; International Training on the INTERNET; Research in Professional and Staff Development in Education; FRIDAY, August 20, 1993. SECOND GENERAL SESSION; The Federal Role for the Continuing Education of Librarians; Concurrent Sessions
A Perspective of the Training Center's WorkContinuing Education in Developing Countries: The Anglophone West African Sub-Region; Continuing Education for Librarians and Information Specialists in Saudi Arabia; Continuing Professional Education for Immigrant Librarians; Continuing Education in Developing Countries: The Nigerian Library Perspective; Closing the Gap in South African Libraries; Meeting the Challenge of Organizational Change: An Australian Continuing Education Initiative for Libraries; Library Education in Bulgaria; Training of Trainers in Agricultural Information in Africa
Continuing Professional Education: Library Development AspectContinuing Education in the Information Profession: A Reflexive Method; The Federal Role in Training Public Librarians to Provide Adult Literacy Services; Diploma Disease in Continuing Education for Librarianship; Continuing Education for Librarians in Post-Socialist Countries: A Case Study on Estonia; In-Service Training in Chinese Publit Libraries in the 1990s; Continuing Education in Preservation: Challenge for the 90s; SATURDAY, August 21, 1993. THIRD GENERAL SESSION
Requirements for International Cooperation in Continuing Education for Library and Information WorkIssues and Challenges for Providers of Continuing Education of Library and Information Science Professionals; The Role of Laboratory Structures and their Integration in Academic Courses: Considerations and Experience in Italy; Towards a Model of Self-Directed Learning in Librarianship; Continuing Education for Librarians in the Federal Republic of Germany : New Perspectives after Reunification; The Bibliotheca Alexandrina: Its Potential for Library Continuing Education
Identification of Continuing Education Needs in Cuban Public Libraries
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- Woolls, Blanche, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|