Clinician's guide to self-renewal : essential advice from the field / edited by Robert J. Wicks and Elizabeth A. Maynard.
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, 2014.
1 online resource (530 p.)
- Psychotherapists -- Health and hygiene.
Psychiatrists -- Mental health.
- Electronic books.
- "Providing clinicians with advice consistent with the current emphasis on working from strengths to promote renewal, this guide presents a holistic approach to psychological wellness. Time-tested advice is featured from experts such as Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Judith Beck, PhD, David Myers, and John Norcross. With strategies to renew the mind, body, spirit, and community, this book equips clinicians with guidance and inspiration for the renewal of body, mind, community, and spirit in their clients and themselves"-- Provided by publisher.
- Machine generated contents note: Part 1 Self-Renewal and the Clinician Chapter 1 Growth, Love, and Work in Psychotherapy: Sources Of Therapeutic Talent And Clinician Self-Renewal Helene Nissen-Lie and David E. Orlinsky Chapter 2 Renewing One's Self-Care Sensibilities: Distress, Burnout, Vicarious Traumatization, and Self-Renewal Jeffrey E. Barnett Chapter 3 Self-Care For Clinicians In the Disaster Context Rick Williamson and Patricia A. Engert Chapter 4 Clinical Supervision and Self-Renewal Craig S. Cashwell and Jodi L. Bartley Part 2 Alonetime, Mindfulness, The Sabbath, Natural Empathy: Loving Kindness, Zen Therapy And Self-Renewal Chapter 5 Valuing and Accessing Alonetime: Silence, Solitude, and Reflection in the Life of the Clinician Robert Wicks Chapter 6 Keeping the Sabbath: Privileging Being Beyond Doing Jill L. Snodgrass Chapter 7 Self-Renewal Through Natural Empathy: Caring for Ourselves and Others Cheryl Giles Chapter 8 Mind and Heart: Mindfulness and Loving-Kindness Meditation for Therapists Kathleen Gregory, Geoffrey Newbegin, and Margot J. Schofield Chapter 9 Zen Therapy David Brazier Part 3 Trauma, Growth, Healing, Patience, Forgiveness, Courage And The Process Of Renewal Chapter 10 Blooming in The Night: Themes of Self-Renewal in Posttraumatic Growth Mary Beth Werdel Chapter 11 Tell the Story: Intergenerational Trauma and Healing Suzanne Mayer Chapter 12 Patience Sarah A. Schnitker, Amber E. Blews, and Jessica A. Foss Chapter 13 Forgiveness and Self-Renewal Matthew J. Hirshberg and Robert D. Enright Chapter 14 Psychological and Spiritual Aspects of Courage for Self-Renewal Cynthia L. S. Pury and Kaye N. Glennon Part 4 Theoretical Approaches to Self-Renewal: Group, Marital and Family System, Dialectical Behavioral and the Ways Paradigm Chapter 15 The Group as a Medium for Personal and Professonal Renewal Virginia Brabender and Courtney Slater Chapter 16 Renewal in Marital and Family Systems Paul Giblin Chapter 17 A Dialectical Behavior Therapy Approach to Self-Renewal Maria Mouratidis Chapter 18 Self-Renewal and the Ways Paradigm Sharon E. Cheston Part 5 Spirituality and Self-Renewal Chapter 19 Spiritual Coping Resources for the Self-Renewal of Clients and Therapists Melissa D. Falb and Kenneth I. Pargament Chapter 20 Religion and Spiritualty: A Source of Renewal for Families Gina M. Brelsford and Jaelyn R. Farris Part 6 Topics in Self-Renewal Chapter 21 Self-Renewal with African Americans in Psychotherapy Deborah G. Haskins Chapter 22 Clergy Self-Renewal Themes in Clinical Practice Thomas E. Rodgerson Chapter 23 Self-Renewal among Gay and Lesbian Adults Elizabeth A. Maynard and Katie E. Katuzny Chapter 24 Renewing One's Ethical Sensibilities Jeffrey E. Barnett Chapter 25 Sexual Attraction and Self-Renewal in Psychotherapy Stephen W. Simpson and Jonathan D. Reeves Going Forward: A Brief Epilogue Robert J. Wicks and Elizabeth A. Maynard .
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Description based on print version record.
- Wicks, Robert J., editor.
Maynard, Elizabeth A., editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|