The myth of the zero article [electronic resource] / Leszek Berezowski.
- London ; New York : Continuum Logo, 2009.
1 online resource (158 p.)
- English language -- Article.
English language -- Noun.
- Electronic books.
- Berezowski investigates the origin of the concept of the zero article and clearly demonstrates why it is problematic. The zero article is a staple element of any description of English article usage from advanced research publications down to student grammars, but there has been very little inquiry into its meaning and its other properties. There are copious amounts of publications dealing with the definite and indefinite articles but none about the zero article. Berezowski investigates the origin of the concept of the zero article and shows that it has roots both in structural linguistics of
- The origin of the concept
The application of the zero article
Singular role holders
Corpus data analysis
Conclusions and further research.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -143) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|