Assessing Health Professional Education : Workshop Summary / Patricia A. Cuff, Rapporteur ; Global Forum on Innovation in Health Professional Education, Board on Global Health, Institute of Medicine of the National Academies.
- Washington, District of Columbia : National Academies Press, ©2014. , ©2014
- Conference Name:
- Assessing Health Professional Education (Workshop) (2013 : Washington, D.C.), creator.
- National Academies Press.
ProQuest Ebook central.
National Academies Press
ProQuest Ebook central
1 online resource (xviii, 159 pages) : illustrations
- Medical education -- United States -- Congresses.
Medical colleges -- Curricula -- United States -- Congresses.
Medicine -- Study and teaching -- United States -- Congresses.
- Medical subjects:
- Education, Medical -- methods.
Health Personnel -- education.
Educational Measurement -- methods.
- System Details:
- text file html
text file PDF
- Assessing Health Professional Education is the summary of a workshop hosted by the Institute of Medicine's Global Forum on Innovation in Health Professional Education to explore assessment of health professional education. At the event, Forum members shared personal experiences and learned from patients, students, educators, and practicing health care and prevention professionals about the role each could play in assessing the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of all learners and educators across the education to practice continuum. The workshop focused on assessing both individuals as well as team performance. This report discusses assessment challenges and opportunities for interprofessional education, team-based care, and other forms of health professional collaborations that emphasize the health and social needs of communities. -- Publisher
- Setting the Stage
Practical Examples of Health Professional Education Assessment
Assessment as an Agent for Change
Technology and Innovation from Education to Practice
Strategies for Overcoming Challenges in Measuring Interprofessional Education
Appendix A: Workshop Agenda
Appendix B: Models and Tools Discussed at the Workshop
Appendix C: October 9, 2013, Poster Session: Abstracts
Appendix D: Summary of Updates from the Innovation Collaboratives
Appendix E: Speaker Biographical Sketches.
- Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed October 17, 2014).
- Cuff, Patricia A.
Institute of Medicine (U.S.). Global Forum on Innovation in Health Professional Education, issuing body.
Institute of Medicine (U.S.). Board on Global Health. issuing body.
- Other format:
- Also issued in print: Assessing Health Professional Education: Workshop Summary 9780309302531
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|