Compact stars [electronic resource] : the quest for new states of dense matter : proceedings of the KIAS-APCTP International Symposium on Astro-Hadron Physics, Seoul, Korea, 10-14 November 2003 / editors, Deog Ki Hong ... [et al.] ; sponsors, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS), Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP), the DaeWoo Foundation.
- River Edge, NJ : World Scientific, c2004.
- Conference Name:
- KIAS-APCTP International Symposium on Astro-Hadron Physics (2003 : Seoul, Korea)
KIAS-APCTP International Symposium on Astro-Hadron Physics
1 online resource (544 p.)
- Hadrons -- Congresses.
Nucleon-nucleon interactions -- Congresses.
Compact objects (Astronomy) -- Congresses.
Particles (Nuclear physics) -- Chirality -- Congresses.
Nuclear astrophysics -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Space observations are currently providing a glimpse of various new states of matter possibly present in compact stars, with terrestrial laboratories producing compelling evidence in support. The aim of this book is to facilitate the exchange of ideas - both established and emergent, both theoretical and experimental - in the areas of the physics of neutrinos, dense hadronic matter and compact stars. The proceedings have been selected for coverage in: Index to Scientific & Technical Proceedings® (ISTP® / ISI Proceedings) Index to Scientific & Technical Proceedings (ISTP CDROM version / I
- CONTENTS ; Preface ; List Of Participants ; Compact Stars ; Neutron Stars and the Properties of Matter under Extreme Conditions ; Quark Deconfinement in Compact Stars and Astrophysical Implications ; Unexpected Goings-on in the Structure of a Neutron Star Crust
Sleuthing the Isolated Compact Stars Phase Transitions in Neutron Stars ; Searching for Compact Objects in Supernova Remnants: Initial Results ; Formation and Evolution of Black Holes in the Galaxy
A New Window to the Ground State of Quark Matter: Strange Quark Matter Strange Stars and Strangelets Properties of Neutron Stars ; Neutron Stars and Quark Stars ; Dense Matter ; Role of Strange Quark Mass in Pairing Phenomena in QCD
Nuclear Matter and the Transition to Quark Matter in an Effective Quark Theory A New State of Matter at High Temperature as ""Sticky Molasses"" ; Mode Softening near the Critical Point within Effective Approaches to QCD ; Thermal Phase Transitions of Dense QCD
Pseudogap in Color Superconductivity Aspects of High Density Effective Theory ; Model Independent Sum Rules for Strange Form Factors ; The Fermion Sign Problem and High Density Effective Theory ; Dynamical Theory of Disoriented Chiral Condensates at QCD Phase Transition
New Results from Belle
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Kodŭng Kwahagwŏn (Korea)
Asia-Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics.
Taeu Chaedan (Firm)
Hong, Deog Ki.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|