Social housing in Europe / edited by Kathleen Scanlon, Christine Whitehead, Melissa Fernandez Arrigoitia.
- First edition.
- West Sussex, England : John Wiley & Sons, 2014.
- Real estate issues (Oxford, England)
Real Estate Issues
1 online resource (494 p.)
- Public housing -- Europe.
Housing policy -- Europe.
- Electronic books.
- All countries aim to improve housing conditions for their citizens but many have been forced by the financial crisis to reduce government expenditure. Social housing is at the crux of this tension. Policy-makers, practitioners and academics want to know how other systems work and are looking for something written in clear English, where there is a depth of understanding of the literature in other languages and direct contributions from country experts across the continent. Social Housing in Europe combines a comparative overview of European social housing written by scholars with in-depth
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Contents; Notes on Contributors; Foreword by Claude Taffin; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1 Introduction; National stocks of social housing; Ownership; Rents; Access; Housing allowance; Demographics of social tenants; Section One: Social Housing in 12 European Countries; Part I Large Social Housing Sectors; Chapter 2 Social Housing in the Netherlands; Position of social housing; Historical development; The provision of social housing; Finance; Rents; Access and allocation; Social housing-tenants; Governance and regulation; Current debates
Chapter 3 Social Housing in Scotland Introduction; Historical development of social housing in Scotland; Tenure profile and trends; Insecure accommodation; Housing allocations; Financing of social housing; Governance and regulation; Capital investment in housing; Right to Buy; Housing finance; New house-building trends; Financial innovations; Conclusion: Present-day policy environment; Chapter 4 Social Housing in Austria; Introduction: the current position of social housing; Historical development of the sector up to the present; Provision of social housing; Financing; Rents; Access
Demographics Governance and regulation; Current policy environment; Part II Medium Social Housing Sectors; Chapter 5 Social Housing in Denmark; Introduction; The current position of social housing; Provision of social housing; Landsbyggefonden/The National Building Fund; Access to social housing/eligibility; Demographics of social housing; Rent levels; Other forms of affordable provision; The political debate; Recent initiatives; Conclusion; Chapter 6 Social Housing in Sweden; The concept of social housing in the Swedish context; Tenure forms and rent setting in Sweden; MHCs in Sweden
Housing allowances and other economic support How the social authorities work with housing issues; Some recent trends; Conclusion; Chapter 7 Social Housing in England; The housing stock and the changing importance of tenure structure; Structure and ownership in the social sector; Investment in new social housing; Financing the social sector; Rent determination; Who lives in the social sector?; Looking to the future; Chapter 8 Social Housing in France; Introduction: the current position of social housing in France; Historical development of social housing
Organisation of the social housing sector Financing social housing; Rents; Access and allocation; Tenant demographics; Current issues and political debates; Part III Small Social Housing Sectors; Chapter 9 Social Housing in the Republic of Ireland; Introduction; The development of the social housing sector; Housing need and social housing tenants; The local authority sector; The housing association sector; Planning gain and social housing; Social housing support: rent supplement and social housing leasing; Future trends and policy; Chapter 10 Social Housing in the Czech Republic; Introduction
The current position of social housing
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Arrigoitia, Melissa Fernandez, editor.
Whitehead, Christine, editor.
Scanlon, Kathleen, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|