Say it with data : a concise guide to making your case and getting results / Priscille Dando ; cover design by Kimberly Thornton.
- Chicago, [Illinois] : ALA Editions, 2014.
1 online resource (153 p.)
- Communication in library administration.
Libraries -- Marketing.
Libraries -- Evaluation -- Statistical methods.
Library use studies.
- Electronic books.
- Addressing frontline librarians lobbying for increased programming or staff, as well as administrators marshalling statistics to stem the tide of budget cuts and prevent library closure, this vital new book explores the whys and hows of using data to build a better picture of library needs and success.
- Cover; Say It With Data: A Concise Guide to Making Your Case and Getting Results; Contents; Preface; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1: Determining Need, Message, and Audience; Chapter 2: Secrets of Effective Communication; Chapter 3: Working with the Power of Statistics; Chapter 4: Methods of Measurement: Surveys; Chapter 5: Methods of Measurement: Focus Groups; Chapter 6: Presenting Data to Get Results; Appendix A: Survey Checklist; Appendix B: Focus Group Checklist; Appendix C: Data Presentation Checklist; Appendix D: Birmingham Public Library Patron Survey
Appendix E: Sample Student Survey, Robert E. Lee High SchoolAppendix F: Sample Teacher Survey, Robert E. Lee High School; Appendix G: Westborough Public School Library Survey (Faculty); Appendix H: Sample Survey Results for Analysis; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Thornton, Kimberly, cover designer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|