Assessing pragmatic competence in the Japanese EFL context : towards the learning of listener responses / by Pino Cutrone.
- Newcastle upon Tyne : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2013.
1 online resource (375 p.)
- English language -- Study and teaching -- Japan.
Intercultural communication -- Japan.
- Electronic books.
- With a focus on intercultural communication between Japanese and Americans, this book describes how differing listening styles and conversational behaviours across cultures can negatively influence intercultural communication. Responding to the many calls for studies examining the teachability of listener responses in the language classroom, the author investigates whether listener responses would be a suitable target for instruction in the EFL/ESL classroom, and, if so, what instructional me...
- TABLE OF CONTENTS; LIST OF FIGURES, TABLES AND APPENDICES; KEY TO ACRONYMS AND ABBREVIATIONS; KEY TO ABBREVIATIONS IN RESULTS' TABLES; PREFACE; CHAPTER ONE; CHAPTER TWO; CHAPTER THREE; CHAPTER FOUR; CHAPTER FIVE; CHAPTER SIX; APPENDIX A; APPENDIX B; APPENDIX C; APPENDIX D; APPENDIX E; APPENDIX F; APPENDIX G; APPENDIX H; APPENDIX I; APPENDIX J; APPENDIX K; APPENDIX L; APPENDIX M; APPENDIX N; APPENDIX O; APPENDIX P; APPENDIX Q; APPENDIX R; APPENDIX S; BIBLIOGRAPHY; INDEX
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed October 15, 2014).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|