Hints on Landscape Gardening : English Edition with the Hand-colored Illustrations of the Atlas of 1834 / Hermann Pückler-Muskau; Foundation for Landscape Studies.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Andeutungen über Landschaftsgärtnerei. English
- Basel : Birkhäuser, 
1 online resource (176 p.)
- Landscape gardening.
- Electronic books.
- Park Muskau, Prince Pückler's extraordinary nineteenth-century creation on both sides of the River Neisse, together with Hints on Landscape Gardening (Andeutungen über Landschaftsgärtnerei), his instructive 1834 treatise based on the park's design, are as important to American landscape architects as the work and writings of Frederick Law Olmsted. This thoroughly new and authoritative edition translated by John Hargraves, with an introduction by landscape historian and Pückler authority Linda Parshall, contains the same forty-four images and four maps as the original large-format Atlas accompanying the German text. Published in collaboration with the Foundation for Landscape Studies, the print edition of the book shall be matched by an electronic publication that contains the illustrations in a size corresponding with the original dimensions (approx. 51 x 35 cm) of the Atlas. The page concordance in the margins of the translated text allows for a precise reference to the German original.
Contents of Hints on Landscape Gardening
Introduction / Parshall, Linda B.
Hints on Landscape Gardening / Von Pückler-Muskau, Prince
Notes on the Translation
Translator's Note / Hargraves, John
Atlas to the Hints on Landscape Gardening / Von Pückler-Muskau, Prince
About the Contributors
Index of Persons, Places, and Garden Design Terms
Index to the Plates and Maps
- Translated from the German.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- Foundation for Landscape Studies, editor.
Foundation for Landscape Studies, , editor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9783038210917 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|