The personal librarian : enhancing the student experience / Richard J. Moniz and Jean Moats, editors ; Joe Eshleman [and three others], contributors.
- Chicago, [Illinois] : ALA Editions, 2014.
1 online resource (152 p.)
- Academic libraries -- Relations with faculty and curriculum.
Academic librarians -- Professional relationships.
Information literacy -- Study and teaching (Higher).
Library orientation for college students.
Academic libraries -- Marketing.
Academic libraries -- United States -- Case studies.
- Electronic books.
- Enter the Personal Librarian, a flexible concept that focuses on customizing information literacy by establishing a one-on-one relationship between librarian and student from enrollment through graduation
- The Personal Librarian: Enhancing the Student Experience; Contents; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1: The Origin of the Personal Librarian Concept; Chapter 2: Development and Implementation of the Personal Librarian Concept; Chapter 3: Information Literacy and the Personal Librarian; Chapter 4: Embedded Librarianship and the Personal Librarian; Chapter 5: Academic Library Liaisons as Personal Librarians; Chapter 6: What Personal Librarians Can Learn from Other Businesses; Chapter 7: What Personal Librarians Can Learn from Other Academic Services
Chapter 8: The Faculty Perspective on Personal LibrariansChapter 9: Best Practices and a Checklist for Personal Librarians; Chapter 10: The Future of the Personal Librarian; About the Editors and Contributors; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Moniz, Richard J., editor.
Moats, Jean, editor.
Eshleman, Joe, contributor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|