Jewish Philosophical Politics in Germany, 1789–1848 [electronic resource] / Sven-Erik Rose.
- Lebanon, New Hampshire : Brandeis University Press, 2014.
- Tauber Institute for the Study of European Jewry series (Unnumbered)
Tauber Institute series for the study of European Jewry
1 online resource (399 p.)
- Judaism -- Germany -- History -- 19th century.
Judaism -- Germany -- History -- 18th century.
Judaism and philosophy.
Jewish philosophy -- Germany -- 19th century.
Jewish philosophy -- Germany -- 18th century.
- Electronic books.
- "Fresh look at how Jewish intellectuals thought about Judaism within a German philosophical tradition"-- Provided by publisher.
- Off with their heads? Lazarus Bendavid's vision of Kantian subjects at the end of Jewish history
Becoming citizens of Hegel's state, or the politics of Wissenschaft des Judentums in 1820's Germany
Locating themselves in history: Hegel in key texts of the Verein
Marx's "real Jews" between Volk and proletariat: productivizing social abjection and grounding radical social critique
Patriotic pantheism: Spinoza in Berthold Auerbach's early career
Moses Hess: beyond the politics of self-possession.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|