Nonlinear acoustic waves in micro-inhomogeneous solids / Veniamin E. Nazarov and Andrey V. Radostin, Institute of Applied Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IAP RAS), Russia.
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2015.
1 online resource (264 p.)
- Nonlinear acoustics.
Elastic wave propagation.
- Electronic books.
- Nonlinear Acoustic Waves in Micro-inhomogeneous Solids covers the broad and dynamic branch of nonlinear acoustics, presenting a wide variety of different phenomena from both experimental and theoretical perspectives. The introductory chapters, written in the style of graduate-level textbook, present a review of the main achievements of classic nonlinear acoustics of homogeneous media. This enables readers to gain insight into nonlinear wave processes in homogeneous and micro-inhomogeneous solids and compare it within the framework of the book. The subsequent eight chapters covering: Physical m
- Nonlinear wave processes in homogeneous media
Physical models and mechanisms of the structure nonlinearity of micro-inhomogeneous media with cracks and cavities
Elastic waves in media with strong acoustic nonlinearity
Wave processes in micro-inhomogeneous media with hysteretic nonlinearity
Wave processes in nonlinear micro-inhomogeneous media with relaxation
Wave processes in the polycrystalline solids with dissipative and elastic nonlinearity caused by dislocations
Experimental studies of the nonlinear acoustic phenomena in polycrystalline rocks and metals
Experimental studies of nonlinear acoustic phenomena in granular media
Nonlinear phenomena in seismic waves.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Radostin, A. V. (Andreĭ Viktorovich), author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|