Music in English Renaissance Drama [electronic resource].
- [Lexington, Kentucky] : University of Kentucky Press, 1968.
- Its Readings in agricultural economics, 1
1 online resource (201 p.)
- Agriculture -- Economic aspects.
- Electronic books.
- Nowhere is the richness and variety of the English Renaissance better shown than in the dramatic works of the period which combined to an unusual degree the arts of poetry, music, acting, and dance. This collection of essays by a number of distinguished scholars offers a series of views of the music of this drama -- ranging from the mystery cycles still performed in the late sixteenth century to the cavalier drama of the early seventeenth.The essays included here are mainly concerned with the minor dramatic forms -- the mystery plays, the ""entertainments,"" the masques, and the works of such
- Cover; Title; Copyright; INTRODUCTION; Contents; MUSIC IN THE ENGLISH MYSTERY PLAYS; THE ENTERTAINMENT AT ELVETHAM, 1591; CAMPION'S ENTERTAINMENT AT BROUGHAM CASTLE, 1617; PATTERNS OF MUSIC AND ACTION IN FLETCHERIAN DRAMA; MILTON ON LAWES: THE TRINITY MS REVISIONS; CARTWRIGHT'S DEBT TO LAWES; THE MUSIC FOR THE LYRICS IN EARLY SEVENTEENTH-CENTURY ENGLISH DRAMA: A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE PRIMARY SOURCES; NOTES; INDEX; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y
- Includes index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|