The foreignness of foreigners : cultural representations of the Other in the British Isles (17th-20th centuries) / edited by Vanessa Alayrac-Fielding and Claire Dubois.
- Newcastle upon Tyne, England : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2015. , ©2015
1 online resource (246 p.)
- Aliens -- Great Britain -- Public opinion -- History.
Great Britain -- Civilization -- Foreign influences.
Great Britain -- Ethnic relations -- History.
- Electronic books.
- This collection of essays examines the various encounters between Britain and the Other, from a cultural, racial, ethnic, artistic and social perspective. It investigates the constructions of various figures of the foreigner in the British Isles through representations and discourses in the political and literary fields, as well as in the visual arts from the 17th century to the contemporary period. This volume presents a diverse selection of contributions which offer some common concerns abo...
- TABLE OF CONTENTS; LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS; ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS; FOREWORD; PART I:; CHAPTER ONE; CHAPTER TWO; PART II:; CHAPTER THREE; CHAPTER FOUR; CHAPTER FIVE; PART III:; CHAPTER SIX; CHAPTER SEVEN; CHAPTER EIGHT; PART IV:; CHAPTER NINE; CHAPTER TEN; CONTRIBUTORS; INDEX
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed July 8, 2015).
- Alayrac-Fielding, Vanessa, editor.
Dubois, Claire, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|