The Fourth Masquerade Ebi Yeibo.
- Standardized Title:
- Poems. Selections
- Baltimore, Maryland : Project Muse, 2015
- Baltimore, Md. : Project MUSE, 2015
- Poetry (Ibadan, Nigeria)
1 online resource (124 p.)
- Nigeria -- Poetry.
- Electronic books.
- As one of the most important Nigerian poets who continue to write the nation in verse, Yeibo, in this fifth collection of poems, has strategically fashioned a kind of poetry that does not only derive its idiom from the prosody and folk tradition of the Izon of Nigeria, it equally advances the poet's vision through form and structure. His recourse to folklore and reliance on oral materials in the image making process gives coherence and form to the poems. However, what distinguishes this collection from the previous ones is the question of the form through which he demonstrates an intense awareness of the Nigerian experience.
- Cover; Title page; Copyright page; Dedication; Acknowledgements; Foreword; Contents; The fourth masquerade; Questions hang in the wind; The burden of blood; They need new names; They need new names II; Rage in the desert; We hawk horrid memories; Facing the flames; Legends of today; The triumph of charlatans; The wrong inheritance; For Hamza Al-Mustapha; No festivals here; This land stands on its head; Open paradox; The howling wind; Fate of man; In this vast world; The child can pluck the moon; Naked in the sun; Song of innocence; Dunamis; Rhythm of the forsaken; The death of dark memory
- "Kraftgriots (A literary imprint of Kraft Books Limited)"--Title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|