Forensic archaeology : a global perspective / edited by W. J. Mike Groen, Nicholas Márquez-Grant, Robert C. Janaway ; foreword by Clyde Collins Snow, Jeremy Sarkin, Colin Hope ; preface by W. J. Mike Groen.
- Chichester, England : Wiley Blackwell, 2015.
1 online resource (618 p.)
- Forensic archaeology.
Human remains (Archaeology).
- Electronic books.
- Forensic archaeology is mostly defined as the use of archaeological methods and principles within a legal context. However, such a definition only covers one aspect of forensic archaeology and misses the full potential this discipline has to offer. This volume is unique in that it contains 57 chapters from experienced forensic archaeological practitioners working in different countries, intergovernmental organisations or NGO's. It shows that the practice of forensic archaeology varies worldwide as a result of diverse historical, educational, legal and judicial backgrounds. The chapters in thi
- Title Page; Copyright Page; Contents; Biographies of editors; Biographies of contributors; Foreword by Clyde Collins Snow; Foreword by Jeremy Sarkin; Foreword by Colin Hope; Preface by W.J. Mike Groen; Acknowledgments; Glossary of abbreviations; Introduction; Part 1 Europe; Chapter 1 Forensic archaeology and anthropology in Austria; Introduction; Overview of Austria; The legal framework affecting forensic archaeology and anthropology; Forensic archaeology and anthropology in Austria; The demand for forensic anthropology and archaeology investigations
The applied investigation flow for buried and surface skeletonised remainsTraining and education opportunities in forensic archaeology and anthropology; Conclusion and future developments; Acknowledgment; References; Chapter 2 DVI Belgium: victim identification and necrosearch; Introduction; Belgium and the Belgian police; Conclusion; Acknowledgements; References; Further Reading; Websites; Chapter 3 Bosnia and Herzegovina: forensic archaeology in support of national and international organisations undertaking criminal investigations and identifying the missing from 1996 to 2013
Historical backgroundInternational investigations; National investigations; Conclusion; Acknowledgements; References; Chapter 4 Forensic archaeology in Bulgaria - problems and perspectives; Historical background; Definition; Medico-legal framework; Problems; Role and future; Perspectives; Conclusions; References; Chapter 5 Croatia (Hrvatska): from WWII and the 1991 war to contemporary forensic cases; Introduction; Forensic archaeology history in Croatia; The recovery of forensically significant skeletal remains and the medico-legal framework in Croatia
Current status of forensic archaeology and forensic anthropology practice in CroatiaConclusion; Acknowledgements; References; Chapter 6 Forensic archaeology in the Czech Republic; Introduction; The framework of forensic archaeology in the Czech Republic; Case studies in forensic archaeology; Conclusion; References; Websites; Websites related to archaeological legislation; Chapter 7 Forensic archaeology in Denmark; Introduction; Description of Danish medico-legal framework; Forensic archaeology at present in Denmark; Conclusion and future prospects for forensic archaeology in Denmark
ReferencesChapter 8 Forensic archaeology in the French context: the role of the Forensic Sciences Institute of the French National Gendarmerie; Introduction; Forensic chain of command within the Gendarmerie; Forensic archaeology in France; Experience of the French National Gendarmerie; Research and development process; Conclusion; References; Chapter 9 The Working Group 'Forensic Archaeology' at the German Bundeskriminalamt; Introduction; Overview of the relevant organisations; The Working Group Forensic Archaeology at the Bundeskriminalamt; Summary, conclusion and outlook; References
Chapter 10 Forensic archaeology in Greece
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF cover (ebrary, viewed March 4, 2015).
- Groen, W. J. Mike, editor, author of introduction, etc.
Márquez-Grant, Nicholas, 1976- editor.
Janaway, Robert C., editor.
Snow, Clyde Collins, author of introduction, etc.
Sarkin-Hughes, Jeremy, author of introduction, etc.
Hope, Colin, author of introduction, etc.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|