The Macregol Gospels or The Rushworth Gospels edition of the Latin text with the Old English interlinear gloss transcribed from Oxford Bodleian Library, MS Auctarium D. 2. 19 [electronic resource] / edited by Kenichi Tamoto.
- Amsterdam : John Benjamins Pub. Co., 2013.
1 online resource (479 p.)
- Manuscripts, English (Old).
Manuscripts, English (Old) -- Facsimiles.
Bible. Gospels -- Latin.
Bible. Gospels -- English (Old English).
- Electronic books.
- This work is composed of two parts. The first or introductory part, contains a palaeographical discussion about Bodleian Library, MS Auctarium D.2.19, that is to say, the MacRegol Gospels or the Rushworth Gospels, edited by Kenichi Tamoto, and which forms the second and main part of this book. The provenience of the MS, the Latin text, the use of the MS, and the Old English gloss are discussed in detail in the introductory part. The chief aim that the author set himself is firstly to survey preceding printed versions of the MS, such as Stevenson & Waring (1856-65) and W.W. Skeat (1871-87), and
- The Macregol Gospels or The Rushworth Gospels; Title page; LCC data; Table of contents; Acknowledgements; Introduction; 1. Palaeographical description of the manuscript; 2. Provenience; 3. Latin text; Identification of the Latin text; Latin script - large decorated capitals and coloured initials; Latin script - Insular Majuscule; Scribes and forms of the letters of Insular Majuscule; Forms of each letter; Abbreviation signs; Punctuation; Accentuation; Orthographical, syllabic and grammatical peculiarities; 4. Use of the MS; 5. The Old English Gloss; Old English script - Insular Minuscule
Scribes of the Old English glossLetter form; Abbreviation; 6. Transcripts and printed editions of the manuscript; 7. Editorial procedure; Bibliography; Appendices; 2. Occurrence of the forms 's' and 's'; 3. Occurrence of the two forms of the 'y'; Index to Introduction; The Gospel According to Saint Matthew; The Gospel According to Saint Mark; The Gospel According to Saint Luke; The Gospel According to Saint John
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Tamoto, Kenichi, 1950-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|