Brown v. Board of Education and the civil rights movement [electronic resource] : abridged edition of "From Jim Crow to civil rights : the Supreme Court and the struggle for racial equality " / by Michael J. Klarman.
- Other Title:
- Brown versus Board of Education and the civil rights movement
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2007.
1 online resource (297 p.)
- Brown, Oliver, 1918-1961 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
United States. Supreme Court.
Topeka (Kan.). Board of Education -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Segregation -- Law and legislation -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
United States -- Race relations -- History -- 20th century.
- Electronic books.
- Introduction. 1. The Jim Crow Era. 2. World War II. 3. Brown v. Board of Education. 4. Brown II and Subsequent Desegretaion Developments. 5. Brown's Direct Effects. 6. Brown's Indirect Effects. 7. Brown's Backlash. 8. Why Massive Resistance?. 9. Brown, Violence, and Civil Rights Legislation. Conclusion. Notes on Sources. Select Bibliography
- CONTENTS; INTRODUCTION; ONE: The Jim Crow Era; TWO: World War II; THREE: Brown v. Board of Education; FOUR: Brown II and Subsequent Desegregation Developments; FIVE: Brown's Direct Effects; SIX: Brown's Indirect Effects; SEVEN: Brown's Backlash; EIGHT: Why Massive Resistance?; NINE: Brown, Violence, and Civil Rights Legislation; CONCLUSION; NOTE ON SOURCES; NOTES; SELECT BIBLIOGRAPHY; INDEX;
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|