John Searle and The construction of social reality [electronic resource] / Joshua Rust.
- London ; New York : Continuum, c2006.
- Continuum studies in American philosophy.
Continuum studies in American philosophy
1 online resource (218 p.)
- Social epistemology.
Philosophy of mind.
Searle, John R. Construction of social reality.
- Electronic books.
- Not only discloses the institutional backdrop against which speech takes place, also initiates a 'philosophy of society'. In locating The Construction of Social Reality, this book not only makes John Searle's text accessible to the readers in the social sciences, but presents Max Weber as a thinker worthy of philosophical reconsideration.
- Contents; Acknowledgements; Introduction: ""X Counts as Y in C""; 1 Searle's Institutional Atomism; 2 First Criticism of Searle's Institutional Atomism-Methodology; 3 Second Criticism of Searle's Institutional Atomism-Metaphysics; 4 Kuhn, Weber, and Instruments of Inquiry; 5 Searle and the Ideal Type-Applications of the Constitutive Formula; 6 Searle and the Ideal Type-the Constitutive Formula and the Status-function; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -204) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|