Pieces of Eight [electronic resource] : More Archaeology of Piracy / edited by Charles R. Ewen and Russell K. Skowronek.
- Other records:
- Gainesville : University Press of Florida, 
1 online resource (337 p.)
- Pirates -- History.
- Electronic books.
- Going back to the "Queen Anne's Revenge," La Salles's "La Belle," and adding the newest finds from Captain Kidd's "Cara Merchant of Quedagh" and Captain Henry Morgan's encampments, this volume reveals new discoveries and new ways of looking at the archaeology of pirates.
- Setting a course toward an archaeology of piracy / Russell K. Skowronek
Blackbeard's Queen Anne's revenge and its French connection / Mark U. Wilde-Ramsing and Linda F. Carnes-McNaughton
Revisiting the fiery dragon / John de Bry and Marco Roling
Black Bart's ranger / Chad M. Gulseth
The wreck of the Quedagh Merchant: the lost ship of Captain William Kidd / Frederick H. Hanselmann and Charles D. Beeker
Plundering the Spanish Main: Henry Morgan's raid on Panama / Frederick H. Hanselmann, Tomás Mendizábal, and Juan G. Martín
Ireland's golden age of piracy: history, cartography, and emerging archaeology / Connie Kelleher
Shiver me timbers!: the influence of Hollywood on the archaeology of piracy / Russell K. Skowronek and Charles R. Ewen
Signaling pirate identity / Heather Hatch
Artifacts that talk like pirates: Jolly Roger iconography and archaeological sites / Kenneth J. Kinkor
Pirates as providers / Kathleen Deagan
Recognizing a pirate shipwreck without the skull and crossbones / Courtney Page and Charles R. Ewen
Parting shot / Charles R. Ewen.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Skowronek, Russell K., author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|