Kierkegaard and His Contemporaries : The Culture of Golden Age Denmark / Jon Stewart.
- Reprint 2014
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter, 
- Kierkegaard studies. Monograph series ; 10.
Kierkegaard Studies. Monograph Series ; 10
1 online resource (456 p.)
- Kierkegaard, Søren, 1813-1855.
Philosophers -- Denmark -- Biography.
Theologians -- Denmark -- Biography.
- Electronic books.
- Interpreting Kierkegaard in the general context of Golden Age Denmark, this interdisciplinary anthology features articles which treat his various relations to his most famous Danish contemporaries. It aims to see them not as minor figures laboring in Kierkegaard's shadow but rather as significant thinkers and artists in their own right. The articles illuminate both Kierkegaard's influence on his contemporaries and their varied influences on him. By means of the analyses of these various relations, aspects of Kierkegaard's authorship are brought into new and insightful perspectives. The feature
Table of Contents
F.C. Sibbern: Epistemology as Ontology
Poul Martin Møller: Scattered Thoughts, Analysis of Affectation, Struggle with Nihilism
H.C. rsted: Immanuel Kant and the Thought Experiment
Kierkegaard s Contribution to the Danish Discussion of "Irony"
Kierkegaard and Hegelianism in Golden Age Denmark
The Golden Age in an Earthen Vessel:The Life and Times of Bishop J.P. Mynster
H.L. Martensen's Theological Anthropology
Martensen's Dogmatics and its Reception
Grundtvig and Romanticism
Adam Oehlenschläger's Erik and Roller and Danish Romanticism
The Tragic Moment in Oehlenschläger's Hakon Earl the Mighty
"Reason in Imagination is Beauty": Ørsted's Acoustics and Andersen's "The Bell"
Thomasine Gyllembourg's Two Ages and her Portrayal of Everyday Life
IV. Literary and Dramatic Criticism
Kierkegaard: A Literary Approach
Søren Kierkegaard: A Theater Critic of the Heiberg School
Towards Transparency: Søren Kierkegaard on Danish Actresses
Johan Ludvig Heiberg and his Audience in Nineteenth-Century Denmark
P.L. Møller and Romanticism in Danish Literature
Thorvaldsen: An Introduction to his Work
Golden Tears: Johan Thomas Lundbye and Søren Kierkegaard
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- Stewart, Jon, editor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9783110200881 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|