Human nature in rural Tuscany [electronic resource] : an early modern history / Gregory Hanlon.
- Other Title:
- Tuscany, an early modern history
- 1st ed.
- Basingstoke : Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.
- Italian and Italian American studies (Palgrave Macmillan (Firm))
Italian and Italian American studies
1 online resource (233 p.)
- Sociology, Rural -- Italy -- Tuscany -- History -- 17th century.
Human beings -- Animal nature.
Tuscany (Italy) -- Social conditions -- 17th century.
- Electronic books.
- Melding evolutionary theory and both animal and human ethology together with close, descriptive historical research on a typical Tuscan village in the Seventeenth century, Hanlon explains the good reasons individuals had for behaving in ways that now seem strange to us.
- Cover; Contents; List of Illustrations; Preface; Measures and Values; Introduction; 1 Governance; 2 Cooperation; 3 Competition; 4 Reproduction; 5 Invention; Notes; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1057/9780230603035 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|