Dealing with an international clientele [electronic resource] : communications, diplomacy and etiquette / Meri Meredith.
- München : Saur, 2004.
- Information services management.
The information services management series
1 online resource (263 p.)
- Reference services (Libraries).
Libraries and immigrants.
Reference librarians -- Attitudes.
Communication in library administration.
- Electronic books.
- This book is aimed at all librarians and information professionals working in culturally diverse environments, whether in an academic, public or commercial setting. It addresses the issues of communication, diplomatic etiquette and common courtesies from a wide range of cultures and of how to provide library services across cultural boundaries and languages. Each chapter clearly defines a different aspect and provides clear guidance and strategies for librarians to follow in their everyday work. The book is packed with advice on how to deal with many of the situations, which arise as the result
Chapter One. The Problem
Chapter Two. Welcome
Chapter Three. Respect
Chapter Four. Speak Slowly and Distinctly
Chapter Five. Communication
Chapter Six. Etiquette
Chapter Seven. Diplomacy
Chapter Eight. Learning versus Teaching
Chapter Nine. Cultures of the World, A-I
Chapter Ten. Cultures of the World, J-W
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9783598440120 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|