The universe in a helium droplet [electronic resource] / Grigory E. Volovik.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2009.
- International series of monographs on physics ; v. 117.
International series of monographs on physics ; 117
1 online resource (534 p.)
- Liquid helium.
Quantum field theory.
- Electronic books.
- There are fundamental relations between three vast areas of physics: particle physics, cosmology and condensed matter physics. The fundamental links between the first two areas, in other words, between micro- and macro- worlds, have been well established. There is a unified system of laws governing the scales from subatomic particles to the Cosmos and this principle is widely exploited in the description of the physics of the early Universe. The main goal of this book is toestablish and define the connection of these two fields with condensed matter physics.According to the modern view, elemen
- Contents; 1 Introduction: GUT and anti-GUT; I: QUANTUM BOSE LIQUID; II: QUANTUM FERMIONIC LIQUIDS; III: TOPOLOGICAL DEFECTS; IV: ANOMALIES OF CHIRAL VACUUM; V: FERMIONS ON TOPOLOGICAL OBJECTS AND BRANE WORLD; VI: NUCLEATION OF QUASIPARTICLES AND TOPOLOGICAL DEFECTS; VII: VACUUM ENERGY AND VACUUM IN NON-TRIVIAL GRAVITATIONAL BACKGROUND; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|