Attention [electronic resource] : from theory to practice / edited by Arthur F. Kramer, Douglas A. Wiegmann, Alex Kirlik.
- New York ; Oxford : Oxford University Press, c2007.
- Oxford series in human-technology interaction ; 4.
Series in human-technology interaction ; 4
1 online resource (287 p.)
- Electronic books.
- Preface. Part I. Toward a Practical View of Attention: Theoretical and Methodological Issues. Part II. Emerging Issues in Applied Attention Theory. Part III. Attention and Driving. Part IV. Attention and Aging. Part V. Attention and Interface Design. Part VI. Attention and Training. Part VII. Future Directions.
- Contents; Contributors; Part I. Toward a Practical View of Attention: Theoretical and Methodological Issues; 1 Attention: From History to Application; 2 Attention and Its Allocation: Fragments of a Model; 3 Capturing Attention in the Laboratory and the Real World; 4 Elaborations of the Multiple-Resource Theory of Attention; Part II. Emerging Issues in Applied Attention Theory; 5 Individual Differences in Attention and Working Memory: A Molecular Genetic Approach; 6 Affect, Attention, and Automation; 7 Monitoring a Nuclear Power Plant; 8 The Functional Task Environment
Part III. Attention and Driving9 Multitasking in the Automobile; 10 Novice Driver Crashes: Failure to Divide Attention or Failure to Recognize Risks; Part IV. Attention and Aging; 11 Attention Goes Home: Support for Aging Adults; 12 The Dynamics of Attention and Aging; Part V. Attention and Interface Design; 13 Multiple-Resource Theory as a Basis for Multimodal Interface Design: Success Stories, Qualifications, and Research Needs; 14 Cross-Modal Interactions between Sensory Modalities: Implications for the Design of Multisensory Displays; Part VI. Attention and Training
15 Emphasis Change as a Training Protocol for High-Demand Tasks16 Prospective Memory, Concurrent Task Management, and Pilot Error; Part VII. Future Directions; 17 Attention to Attention and Its Applications: A Concluding View; Author Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; X; Y; Z; Subject Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; U; V; W
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 234-236) and indexes.
Description based on print version record.
- Kramer, Arthur F.
Wiegmann, Douglas A.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|