Crisis intervention and trauma response [electronic resource] : theory and practice / Barbara Rubin Wainrib, Ellin L. Bloch.
- New York : Springer Pub. Co., c1998.
1 online resource (224 p.)
- Crisis intervention (Mental health services).
Post-traumatic stress disorder -- Prevention.
- Electronic books.
- ""The doctor said that the surgery on my wife's cancer was a failure and that there was nothing more that they could do. I felt as if I was in a bad movie, and everything around me had come to a halt."". ---James G., husband of a cancer victim. Crisis Intervention and Trauma Response are short term, problem-oriented, therapeutic interventions whose goal is to produce constructive change in the life situation of the client as quickly and directly as possible. Written in a lively and informative style, the authors present their successful General Crisis Response model for intervention. Using rea
- Contents; Acknowledgments; 1 Introduction; 2 Crisis, Trauma, and You: Theories of Crisis and Trauma; 3 How We Respond to Crisis and Trauma; 4 Principles and Models of Intervention; 5 Assessment for Crisis and Trauma; 6 Suicide and Violence: Assessment and Intervention; 7 Putting It All Together: The Pragmatics; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Bloch, Ellin L.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|