High-performance construction materials [electronic resource] : science and applications / editors, Caijun Shi, Y.L. Mo.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, 2008.
- Engineering materials for technological needs ; v. 1.
Engineering materials for technological needs ; v. 1
1 online resource (448 p.)
- Building materials -- Research.
Composite materials -- Research.
Structural engineering -- Research.
Strength of materials.
- Electronic books.
- This book describes a number of high-performance construction materials, including concrete, steel, fiber-reinforced cement, fiber-reinforced plastics, polymeric materials, geosynthetics, masonry materials and coatings. It discusses the scientific bases for the manufacture and use of these high-performance materials. Testing and application examples are also included, in particular the application of relatively new high-performance construction materials to design practice.Most books dealing with construction materials typically address traditional materials only rather than high-performance m
- Preface; Contents; Biographical Sketch for each Author; Chapter 1; Chapter 2; Chapter 3; Chapter 4; Chapter 5; Chapter 6; Chapter 7; Chapter 8; Chapter 9; Chapter 1 Introduction Caijun Shi and Y. L. Mo; 1.1 Historical Development of Construction and Uses of Construction Materials; 1.1.1 Stone age habitats; 1.1.2 River valley civilizations - The first steps in permanence; 1.1.3 Construction in ancient Egypt; 1.1.4 Construction in the Greek Era; 1.1.5 Construction in the Romans times; 1.1.6 The early industrial age (18th-19th Century)
1.1.7 Constructions in the 20th century - High rise steel structures/buildings188.8.131.52 High rise steel structures/buildings; 184.108.40.206 High rise concrete buildings; 1.2 Recent Construction - High Performance Construction Materials; 1.3 Design Codes and Specifications for Use of High Performance Construction Materials; 1.4 Organization of This Book; References; Chapter 2 High Performance Concrete Caijun Shi, Y.L. Mo and H.B. Dhonde; 2.1 Introduction; 2.1.1 Historical development; 2.1.2 Definitions of HPC; 2.2 Constituents and Mixture Proportions of HPC; 2.2.1 Constituents of HPC
220.127.116.11 Cement18.104.22.168 Supplementary cementitious materials; 22.214.171.124 Aggregate; 126.96.36.199 Chemical admixtures; 188.8.131.52 Water; 2.2.2 Mixture proportions for HPC; 2.3 Properties of High Performance Concrete; 2.3.1 Workability; 2.3.2 Strength; 2.3.3 Stress-strain relationship and modulus of elasticity; 2.3.4 Shrinkage; 2.3.5 Creep; 2.3.6 Durability of HPC; 184.108.40.206 Introduction; 220.127.116.11 Permeability; 18.104.22.168 Transport of chloride ion in HPC; 22.214.171.124 Chemical resistance; 126.96.36.199 Frost resistance; 188.8.131.52 Wear resistance; 184.108.40.206 Fire resistance
2.4 Self-Consolidating Concrete2.4.1 Introduction; 2.4.2 Constituents and mixing proportions; 2.4.3 Testing of SCC; 220.127.116.11 Introduction; 18.104.22.168 Slump flow/VSI (filling ability/deformability and stability); 22.214.171.124 J-Ring (passing ability); 126.96.36.199 L-Box (passing ability); 188.8.131.52 Column segregation (stability); 2.4.4 Self-Consolidating Fiber Reinforced Concrete (SCFRC); 2.4.5 Properties of hardened SCC; 184.108.40.206 Mechanical properties; 220.127.116.11 Deformation; 18.104.22.168 Bonding with aggregate or reinforcements; 22.214.171.124 Long-term durability; 126.96.36.199 Aesthetics
2.5 Specifications and Guidelines for HPC2.5.1 Structural design of HSC; 2.5.2 Performance specifications for HPC; 2.5.3 Guidelines and specifications for SCC; 2.6 Applications of HPC; 2.6.1 Introduction; 2.6.2 High rise buildings; 2.6.3 Bridges; 2.6.4 Application of SCC; 2.7 Summary; References; Chapter 3 High Performance Fiber Reinforced Cement Composites Antoinie E. Naaman; 3.1 Introduction; 3.2 Definitions; 3.2.1 Fiber reinforced cement (FRC) composites; 3.2.2 High Performance Fiber Reinforced Cement (HPFRC) Composites; 3.2.3 Stress at first cracking
3.2.4 Maximum post-cracking stress or composite strength
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Shi, Caijun.
Mo, Y. L.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|