Hurricane Katrina America's Unnatural Disaster / edited, and with an introduction, by Jeremy I. Levitt and Matthew C. Whitaker.
- Lincoln : University of Nebraska Press, 2009.
- Baltimore, Md. : Project MUSE, 2012
- Justice and social inquiry.
Justice and social inquiry
1 online resource (323 p.)
- Social justice -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
African Americans -- Louisiana -- New Orleans -- Social conditions.
Disaster relief -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
Hurricane Katrina, 2005.
- Electronic books.
- On August 29, 2005, Hurricane Katrina slammed into the Gulf Coast states of Louisiana and Mississippi. The storm devastated the region and its citizens. But its devastation did not reach across racial and class lines equally. In an original combination of research and advocacy, Hurricane Katrina: America's Unnatural Disaster questions the efficacy of the national and global responses to Katrina's central victims, African Americans.
- "Truth crushed to earth will rise again" : Katrina and its aftermath / Jeremy I. Levitt and Matthew C. Whitaker
Letters from a native son : do you know what it means to miss New Orleans? / Mitchell F. Crusto
After Katrina : laying bare the anatomy of American caste / Bryan K. Fair
Hurricane Katrina and the "market" for survival : the role of economic theory in the construction and maintenance of disaster / Charles R. P. Pouncy
The Internal Revenue Code don't care about poor, black people / Andrew L. Smith
Judging under disaster : the effect of Hurricane Katrina on the criminal justice system / Phyllis Kotey
From worse to where? African Americans, Hurricane Katrina, and the continuing public health crisis / Alyssa G. Robillard
Failed plans and planned failures : the Lower Ninth Ward, Hurricane Katrina, and the continuing story of environmental injustice / Carlton Waterhouse
"Still up on the roof" : race, victimology, and the response to Hurricane Katrina / Kenneth B. Nunn
Governmental liability for the Katrina failure / Linda S. Greene
Katrina, race, refugees, and images of the Third World / Ruth Gordon
"Been in the storm so long" : Katrina, reparations, and the original understanding of equal protection / D. Marvin Jones.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -306) and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Whitaker, Matthew C.
Levitt, Jeremy I., 1970-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|