Prosody and meaning [electronic resource] / edited by Gorka Elordieta, Pilar Prieto.
- Berlin : De Gruyter Mouton, 2012.
- Interface explorations; 25.
Interface explorations, 1861-4167 ; 25
1 online resource (390 p.)
- Prosodic analysis (Linguistics).
- Electronic books.
- Based on the Workshop on Prosody and Meaning in Barcelona on September 17-18, 2009, this volume brings together researchers working on issues of the prosodic encoding and expression of sentence-level meaning.The contributions to the book resultfroma vivid exchange ofresearch ideas and research methodologies on issues related to the relationship between prosody and meaning andfrom stimulating discussions and collaborative work between researchers coming from different perspectives.
A multi-level approach to focus,phrasing and intonation in French / D'Imperio, Mariapaola / German, James / Michelas, Amandine
Syntax-prosody mapping, topic-comment structure and stress-focus correspondence in Hungarian / Surányi, Balâzs / Ishihara, Shinichiro / Schubö, Fabian
On the prosody of German wh-questions / Truckenbrodt, Hubert
Referential and lexical givenness: Semantic, prosodic and cognitive aspects / Baumann, Stefan / Riester, Arndt
A focus intonational morpheme in European Portuguese: Production and perception / Frota, Sónia
Meanings, shades of meanings and prototypes of intonational categories / Gili Fivela, Barbara
Information structural expectations in the perception of prosodic prominence / Bishop, Jason
Can intonation contours be lexicalised? Implications for discourse meanings / Calhoun, Sasha / Schweitzer, Antje
Prosody in context: The effect of sequential relationships between speaker turns / Wichmann, Anne
Prosody in German Sign Language / Herrmann, Annika
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Elordieta, Gorka.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9783110261790 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|