Export pipelines from the CIS region : geopolitics, securitization, and political decision-making / Andreas Heinrich, Heiko Pleines (eds).
- Stuttgart : Ibidem-Verlag, 
- Conference Name:
- Changing Europe Summer School on "Export Pipelines from the CIS Region: National Debates, Political Decision-Making and Geopolitics" (2013 : Alma-Ata, Kazakhstan), author.
- Changing Europe ; Volume 10.
Changing Europe ; Volume 10
1 online resource (345 p.)
- Petroleum industry and trade -- Former Soviet republics -- Congresses.
Gas pipelines -- Former Soviet republics -- Congresses.
Petroleum pipelines -- Former Soviet republics -- Congresses.
Gas industry -- Former Soviet republics -- Congresses.
Energy policy -- Former Soviet republics -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- This timely collection offers fresh perspectives to the analysis of the 'New Great Game' ? the fight for access to the Caspian Sea region's energy resources. To date, the export of the Caspian crude oil and natural gas has only been assessed geopolitically, which oversimplifies the political dynamics of the region and neglects to acknowledge the Caspian countries as actors in their own right.
- Contents; List of Figures; List of Tables; Abbreviations; Preface; 0. Introduction: Export Pipelines in Eurasia; Part I. Russia's Foreign Energy Policy; 1. Russian Foreign Energy Policy Under Vladimir Putin: Norms, Ideas, and Determining Factors; 2. An Actor-Centred Institutionalist Approach to Russia's Pipeline Policies; 3. Opening Up the Black Box: Russia's Energy Security Concept; Part II. Energy Policy in Central Asia; 4. Challenges Along the Way Towards a Maximally Secure Central Asian Gas System
5. The Geo-Economics of Eurasian Gas: the Evolution of Russian-Turkmen Relations in Natural Gas (1992-2010)6. Pipelines and Hegemonies in the Caspian: a Gramscian Appraisal; Part III. The Southern Energy Corridor; 7. The Trans-Adriatic Pipeline and Nabucco West Pipeline Projects: Advantages and Disadvantages for Azerbaijan; 8. EU Energy Policy Towards the Caspian Region: Assessing the Southern Gas Corridor; 9. The EU's Democracy Promotion in its Eastern Neighbourhood: Consistency in the Shadow of Energy Trade and the EU's Ability; Part IV. Ukraine's Energy Policy
10. Gas Disputes Between Russia and Ukraine: Patterns of Escalation and Russian Stakes (2006-2009)11. The Struggle Over Ukraine's Gas Transit Pipeline Network Through the Lenses of Securitisation Theory; Annex; Oil and Gas Reserves and Production; Oil and Gas Pipelines in Europe and Central Asia; Selected Bibliography on Eurasian Export Pipelines; About the Authors
- Papers from the 8th Changing Europe Summer School on "Export Pipelines from the CIS Region: National Debates, Political Decision-Making and Geopolitics," held Aug. 2013 in Almaty and organized jointly by the Central Asian Foundation for the Development of Democracy, Almaty and the Research Centre for East European Studies at the University of Bremen.
Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 319-337).
- Heinrich, Andreas, editor.
Pleines, Heiko, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|