Frequency Effects in Language. Volume 2, Frequency Effects in Language Representation / Dagmar Divjak, Stefan Th. Gries.
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter Mouton, 
- Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM]
Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM] ; 244.2
1 online resource (290 p.)
- Frequency (Linguistics)
Language and languages -- Variation.
- Electronic books.
- The volume explores the relationship between well-studied aspects of language (constructional alternations, lexical contrasts and extensions and multi-word expressions) in a variety of languages (Dutch, English, Russian and Spanish) and their representation in cognition as mediated by frequency counts in both text and experiment. The state-of-the-art data collection (ranging from questionnaires to eye-tracking) and analysis (from simple chi-squared to random effects regression) techniques allow to draw theoretical conclusions from (mis)matches between different types of empirical data. The sis
Table of contents
Introduction / Divjak, Dagmar
Things going unnoticed - A usage-based analysis of go-constructions / Schönefeld, Doris
The Locative Alternation and the Russian 'empty' prefixes: A case study of the verb gruzit' 'load' / Sokolova, Svetlana / Lyashevskaya, Olga / Janda, Laura A.
Alternation biases in corpora vs. picture description experiments: DO-biased and PD-biased verbs in the Dutch dative alternation / Colleman, Timothy / Bernolet, Sarah
A unified lexicon and grammar? Compositional and non-compositional phrases in the lexicon / Snider, Neal / Arnon, Inbal
Measuring Mental Entrenchment of Phrases with Perceptual Identification, Familiarity Ratings, and Corpus Frequency Statistics / Caldwell-Harris, Catherine / Berant, Jonathan / Edelman, Shimon
Figurative extensions of word meaning: How do corpus data and intuition match up? / Littlemore, Jeannette / MacArthur, Fiona
Conversion and the lexicon: Comparing evidence from corpora and experimentation / Teddiman, Laura
As lexical as it gets: The role of co-occurrence of antonyms in a visual lexical decision experiment / Van de Weijer, Joost / Paradis, Carita / Willners, Caroline / Lindgren, Magnus
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- Divjak, Dagmar, editor.
Gries, Stefan Th., editor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9783110274073 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|