Realist Christian theology in a postmodern age [electronic resource] / Sue Patterson.
- Cambridge, UK ; New York, NY, USA : Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Cambridge studies in Christian doctrine ; 2.
Cambridge studies in Christian doctrine ; 2
1 online resource (183 p.)
- Philosophical theology.
Language and languages -- Philosophy.
- Electronic books.
- Patterson cuts new ground in combining traditional Christian theological perspectives on truth and reality with a contemporary philosophical view of the place of language in reality, and asks where language fits in both divine and human reality. She proposes a new model of 'language-ridden' reality and considers its implications.
- Preliminaries; Contents; Acknowledgments; Introduction; 1 The task of theological realism; 2 The dilemma of postliberal theology; 3 Interpreting the truth; 4 The anatomy of language-riddenness; 5 The nature of theistic realism; 6 Becoming persons; 7 Becoming the Church; Conclusion; Select bibliography; Index of names; Index of subjects
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 166-170) and indexes.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|