Citizen wealth [electronic resource] : winning the campaign to save working families / Wade Rathke.
- Other Title:
- Winning the campaign to save working families
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco : Berrett-Koehler Publishers, c2009.
- BK currents book.
A BK currents book
1 online resource (217 p.)
- Home ownership -- United States.
Working class -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Charismatic activist and chief organizer for ACORN (the nation's largest grassroots community organization, with more than 400,000 low- and moderate-income family members), Wade Rathke reveals how building citizen-wealth using tactics that benefit both the poor and the institutions (like banks) is the key to combating poverty
- Building a winning campaign for economic security
Home ownership through community reinvestment
Stopping foreclosures and predatory lending
Making work pay living wages
Creating wealth through worker organizations
Making earned income tax credits work for workers
Guarding tax refunds and combatting high prices
The debt trap
The "maximum eligible participation" solution
Working with corparations to create an asset climate
Business models that foster citizen wealth
Bringing citizens into the wealth-building process
The future of citizen wealth.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|