Small matters [electronic resource] : Canadian children in sickness and health, 1900-1940 / Mona Gleason.
- Montreal : McGill-Queen's University Press, 2013.
- McGill-Queen's/Associated Medical Services studies in the history of medicine, health, and society ; 39.
McGill-Queen's/Associated Medical Services studies in the history of medicine, health, and society, 1198-4503 ; 39
1 online resource (230 p.)
- Children -- Health and hygiene -- Canada -- History -- 20th century.
Child health services -- Canada -- History -- 20th century.
Physician and patient.
Pediatrics -- Canada -- History -- 20th century.
- Electronic books.
- Introduction: The Intimate Landscape of Health in the History of Children and Childhood
1 Doctored Bodies: Professional Medical Discourse and Children's Embodied Difference
2 Florence, Marc, Alice, and Theresa: Healthy Bodies and Domestic Doctoring, 1910's to the 1920's
3 Shirley, Lily, Jack, and Lina: Healthy Bodies and Domestic Doctoring, 1920's to the 1940's
4 Learning the Body: Schools, Curriculum, and Health
5 Treated Bodies: Hospitalization
6 Reforming the Body: Doctors, Educators, and Attitudes Towards Disability in Childhood
Conclusion: Small Matters: Historical Meaning and Children's Embodiment
Appendices. 1 Causes of Infant Death in Canada
2 Participant Information
3 My Health Record.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|