The Soviet Union in world politics : coexistence, revolution, and Cold War, 1945-1991 / Geoffrey Roberts.
- New York : Routledge, 1999.
- Making of the contemporary world.
Making of the contemporary world
1 online resource (149 p.)
- World politics -- 1945-1989.
World politics -- 1989-.
Soviet Union -- Foreign relations -- 1945-1991.
- Electronic books.
- The Soviet Union in World Politics provides an introductory history of Soviet foreign policy and international relations from 1945 to the end of the Cold War and the break up of the USSR. The book summarizes historical and political controversies about Soviet foreign policy and brings the latest research to bear on these debates.The Soviet Union in World Politics interprets the latest evidence available from the Soviet archives and includes* summaries of the main events in Soviet Policy from 1917-1945* a framework for student discussion of relevant issues* gui
- Book Cover; Half-Title; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; Maps; Acknowledgements; Chronology of highlights in Soviet foreign policy, 1945-91; Map 1; Map 2; Map 3; Map 4; 1 Perspectives on postwar Soviet foreign policy; 2 Coexistence, revolution and the cold war, 1945-56; 3 Coexistence, crisis and schism; 4 The rise and fall of détente, 1964-85; 5 From coexistence to collaboration; 6 Conclusion; Biographical notes on major Soviet figures; Guide to further reading; Select bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -118) and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203983461 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|