The Italia Judaica Jubilee Conference [electronic resource] / edited by Shlomo Simonsohn, Joseph Shatzmiller.
- Leiden : Boston : Brill, 2013.
- Conference Name:
- Italia Judaica Jubilee Conference (2010 : Tel Aviv University)
Italia Judaica Jubilee Conference (2010 : Tel Aviv University), creator.
- Brill's Series in Jewish Studies
Brill's series in Jewish studies ; v. 48
1 online resource (280 p.)
- Jews -- Italy -- History -- Congresses.
Italy -- Ethnic relations -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- This volume contains the proceedings of the Italia Judaica Jubilee Conference, held at Tel Aviv University 3-5 January, 2010, on the occasion of the jubilee celebration of outstanding scholarship on the history of Italian Jewry.
- Contents; List of Contributors; List of Illustrations; Opening Remarks; The Escape from Vasto, Complaints of a 15th-Century Rabbi; Fortune and Providence: A Paradigm in Isaac Abravanel's Encounter With Renaissance Culture; Jews and the Grain, Oil and Wine Trades in 15th- and 16th-Century Apulia; Jewish Book Collection and Patronage in Renaissance Italy; Joseph Ha-Cohen and His Negative Attitude Toward R. Meir Katzenellenbogen (Maharam Padova); Re-creating Creation in the Early Italian Yozer: Between Tradition and Innovation; The Type of Community Minute Books-Some Preliminary Conclusions
Again on the Mobility of Italian Jews Between the Middle Ages and the RenaissanceTowards Jewish Emancipation in the Grand-Duchy of Tuscany: The Case of Pitigliano Through the Emblematic Figure of David Consiglio; The Material Context of 15th-Century Hebrew Florentine Manuscripts: A Source of Information on Production, Ownership and Control of Hebrew Books in Their Christian Environment; Italy, the "Breadbasket" of Hebrew Manuscripts; Rhymes To Sing and Rhymes To Hang Up: Some Remarks on a Lampoon in Yiddish By Elye Bokher (Venice 1514)
A Matter of Quotation: Dante and the Literary Identity of Jews in ItalyFrom Sicily to Rome: The Cultural Route of Michele Zumat, Physician and Rabbi in the 16th Century; The Angevins of Naples and the Jews; International Trade and Italian Jews at the Turn of the Middle Ages; The Conservation of History: The Archives of the Jewish Communities in the Veneto; The Jewish Presence in Sicily as Reflected in Medieval Sicilian Historiography; Index of Names; Index of Geographical Terms
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Universiṭat Tel-Aviv.
Simonsohn, Shlomo, 1923-2019.
- Italia Judaica Jubilee Conference.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|