Analysis and synthesis of computer systems [electronic resource] / E. Gelenbe and Isi Mitrani.
- 2nd ed.
- London : Imperial College Press, c2010.
- Advances in computer science and engineering. Texts ; v. 4.
Advances in computer science and engineering: Texts ; v. 4
1 online resource (324 p.)
- Electronic digital computers -- Evaluation.
- Electronic books.
- ""Analysis and Synthesis of Computer Systems"" presents a broad overview of methods that are used to evaluate the performance of computer systems and networks, manufacturing systems, and interconnected services systems. Aside from a highly readable style that rigorously addresses all subjects, this second edition includes new chapters on numerical methods for queuing models and on G-networks, the latter being a new area of queuing theory that one of the authors has pioneered. This book will have a broad appeal to students, practitioners and researchers in several different areas, including
- Preface to the Second Edition; Contents; 1. Basic Tools of Probabilistic Modelling; 2. The Queue with Server of Walking Type and Its Applications to Computer System Modelling; 3. Queuing Network Models; 4. Queuing Networks with Multiple Classes of Positive and Negative Customers and Product Form Solution; 5. Markov-Modulated Queues; 6. Diffusion Approximation Methods for General Queuing Networks; 7. Approximate Decomposition and Iterative Techniques for Closed Model Solution; 8. Synthesis Problems in Single-Resource Systems: Characterisation and Control of Achievable Performance
9. Control of Performance in Multiple-Resource Systems 10. A Queue with Server of Walking Type; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Mitrani, I.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|