Laws, mind, and free will / Steven Horst.
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, ©2011.
- Life and mind.
Life and mind
1 online resource (292 p.)
- Free will and determinism.
Philosophy of mind.
Law (Philosophical concept)
- In this work, Steven Horst addresses the apparent dissonance between the picture of the natural world that arises from the sciences and our understanding of ourselves as agents who think and act.
- Cover ; Contents; Preface; I Laws and the Mind; 1 Laws and the Mind; 2 Laws, Vindication, and Ontology; 3 The Received Solution in Computational Psychology; 4 Cartwright, Universal Laws, and Fundamentalism; 5 Empiricism and Laws; 6 Laws and Idealization; II Laws and Freedom; 7 Laws and Freedom; 8 Freedom, Determinism, and Two Accounts of Laws; 9 Three Appeals and a Kantian Conclusion; III Case Studies of Explanation in the Sciences of the Mind; 10 Psychophysical Laws and Models of Early Vision; 11 Modeling Cortical Dynamics; 12 Belief-Desire Psychologies; Notes; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
OCLC-licensed vendor bibliographic record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|