Reproductive and hormonal aspects of systemic autoimmune diseases [electronic resource] / edited by Michael Lockshin and Ware Branch.
- 1st ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2006.
- Handbook of systemic autoimmune diseases ; v. 4.
Handbook of systemic autoimmune diseases ; v. 4
1 online resource (197 p.)
- Pregnancy -- Complications -- Immunological aspects -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Autoimmune diseases -- Complications -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Autoimmune diseases in pregnancy -- Complications -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Electronic books.
- This volume of the Handbook of Systemic Autoimmune Diseases series represents a medical collaboration focusing primarily on female aspects of rheumatic diseases. This collaboration recognizes the need to understand and optimally manage the care of women with autoimmune conditions that may affect their reproduction and hormonal status. This handbook will prove useful to clinicians and researchers alike. It covers practical points, ranging from which anti-rheumatic medications are safe in pregnancy to how to counsel women with scleroderma contemplating pregnancy.* Authors share a
- Cover; Reproductive and Hormonal Aspects of Systemic Autoimmune Diseases; Contents; Series Editor; Volume Editors; List of Contributors; Introduction; Sex Differences in Autoimmune Disease; Introduction; Prevalence and epidemiology; Etiology/pathogenesis; Explanations for sex discrepancy; Key points; References; Maternal-Fetal Aspects of Autoimmune Disease; Immunomodulation during pregnancy; A role of tolerance in healthy pregnancy; A beneficial or pathogenic role in autoimmune diseases; Feto-maternal exchange during pregnancy and subsequent persistent microchimerism
A normal physiological conditionA possible trigger to autoimmunity; Scleroderma; Primary biliary cirrhosis; Sjögren's syndrome; Autoimmune thyroid disease; Myositis; Lupus and autoimmune cardiac diseases; Lichen planus; Human leukocyte antigen (HLA); A complicated role during pregnancy; A two-step role in autoimmunity; Microchimerism and HLA associations in autoimmune diseases; HLA compatibility between donor and host cells in autoimmune disease; Maternal antibodies; In summary; Key points; References; Fertility and Autoimmune Disease; Introduction
The epidemiology and etiology of infertilityTreatment of infertility; Fertility issues in women with specific autoimmune diseases; Systemic lupus erythematosus; Thyroid disorders; Hypothyroidism; Hyperthyroidism; Antithyroid antibodies; Insulin-dependent diabetes; Rheumatoid arthritis; Systemic sclerosis; Addison's disease and the autoimmune polyglandular syndromes; Autoimmune premature ovarian failure; Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome; The effects of immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory medications on fertility; Conclusion; Key points; References
Pregnancy and Systemic Lupus ErythematosusIntroduction; Prevalence of pregnancy in SLE; Epidemiology; Maternal outcomes; Maternal mortality; Gestational diabetes and hypertension; Pre-eclampsia; Cesarean sections; Pregnancy outcomes; Live births; Preterm births; Low birth weight; Neonatal lupus; Special circumstances; SLE diagnosed during pregnancy; SLE active at conception; Lupus nephritis; Pathogenesis; Clinical manifestations; Lupus flares; Blood pressure; Renal changes; Diagnostic investigations; Radiology; Fetal ultrasound; Fetal surveillance testing; Fetal echocardiography
Functional testingBiochemistry, serologic, immunology; Differential diagnosis; Treatment; All pregnant women; No lupus activity; Mild lupus activity; Moderate lupus activity; Severe lupus activity; Hypertension; Key points; References; Antiphospholipid Syndrome; Introduction; Prevalence and Epidemiology; Etiology/pathogenesis; Clinical manifestations; Pregnancy loss; Vascular occlusion and miscellaneous manifestations; Catastrophic vascular occlusion syndrome; Diagnostic investigations; Blood; Serologic tests; Imaging studies; Biopsy; Differential diagnosis
Positive antiphospholipid antibody tests
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lockshin, Michael, 1937-
Branch, D. Ware.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|