Handbook of Administrative Ethics / by Terry Cooper.
- 2nd ed., rev. and expanded.
- Boca Raton, FL : Taylor and Francis, an imprint of Routledge, .
- Public administration and public policy ; 86.
Public administration and public policy ; 86
1 online resource (791 p.)
- Civil service ethics -- United States.
Government executives -- Professional ethics -- United States.
Civil service ethics.
Government executives -- Professional ethics.
- Electronic books.
- Delineating implications for administrative ethics from other fields such as sociology, psychology, and philosophy, this reference provides a comprehensive review of administrative ethics in the public sector. Detailing the context within which contemporary ethics training has developed, the book examines the effectiveness of ethics training, legal and organizational devices for encouraging desired conduct, and other topics of particular relevance to the political and social contexts of public administration. Written by over 25 leading scholars in public administration ethics, the book creates a taxonomy for administrative ethics using the categories of modern philosophy.
- Preface; Contents; Contributors; Introduction; The Emergence of Administrative Ethics as a Field of Study in the United States; Research and Knowledge in Administrative Ethics; Ethics Education in Public Administration and Affairs; Ethics in In-service Training; The Use of Philosophy in Administrative Ethics; Administration and the Ethics of Virtue; The Public Interest; Deontological Dimensions of Administrative Ethics Revisited; A Teleological Approach to Administrative Ethics; A Dream of What We Could Be; Organizational Structure; Governmental Ethics and Organizational Culture
The Relevance of Public Ethics to Administration and PolicyAdministrative Ethics and the Chimera of Professionalism; Codes of Ethics; From Codes of Conduct to Codes of Ethics; Ethics Management in Public Organizations; Federal Ethics Management and Public Trust; Federal Inspectors General and the Paths to Accountability; Whistleblower Protection and the Judiciary; Dealing with Administrative Corruption; Moral Development in Public Administration; Ethical Decision-Making; Values and Ethics; Character and Conduct in the Public Service; Gender Differences in Administrative Ethics
Citizenship Ethics in Public AdministrationAdministrative Ethics and Democratic Theory; Administrative Ethics in Nonprofit Organizations; Military Ethics; Administrative Ethics in a Chinese Society; Constitutionalism and Administrative Ethics; Administrative Ethics in an African Society; Public Service Ethics in Australia; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|