Historicising Gender and Sexuality [electronic resource].
- Chicester : Wiley, 2011.
- Gender and History Special Issues
Gender and History Special Issues
1 online resource (262 p.)
- Gender identity -- History
Sex -- History
- Electronic books.
- Historicising Gender and Sexuality features a diverse collection of essays that shed new light on the historical intersections between gender and sexuality across time and space. Demonstrates both the particularities of specific formulations of gender and sexuality and the nature of the relationship between the categories themselves Presents evidence that careful and contextualised analysis of the shifting relationship of gender and sexuality illuminates broader historical processes
- Historicising Gender and Sexuality; CONTENTS; Notes on Contributors; Introduction; 1 Imagining Cihuacoatl: Masculine Rituals, Nahua Goddesses and the Texts of the Tlacuilos; 2 Power and Historical Figuring: Rachael Pringle Polgreen's Troubled Archive; 3 Gender, Sexuality and the Formation of Racial Identities in the Eighteenth-Century Anglo-Caribbean World; 4 Xing: The Discourse of Sex and Human Nature in Modern China; 5 Epistemic Modernity and the Emergence of Homosexuality in China; 6 Overcoming 'Simply Being': Straight Sex, Masculinity and Physical Culture in Modern Egypt
7 Monitoring and Medicalising Male Sexuality in Semi-Colonial Egypt 8 The Volatility of Sex: Intersexuality, Gender and Clinical Practice in the 1950's; 9 'A Certain Amount of Prudishness': Nudist Magazines and the Liberalisation of American Obscenity Law, 1947-58; 10 Cold War Conflicts and Cheap Cabaret: Sexual Politics at the 1975 United Nations International Women's Year Conference; 11 Gender and Sexuality in Latina/o Miami: Documenting Latina Transsexual Activists; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Spear, Jennifer M.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|