Country house [electronic resource] / by Stanisław Ignacy Witkiewicz ; translated and with an introduction by Daniel Gerould.
- Standardized Title:
- W małym dworku. English
- Amsterdam : Harwood Academic Publishers, c1997.
- Polish theatre archive ; v. 3.
Polish theatre archive ; v. 3
1 online resource (96 p.)
- Polish drama.
- Electronic books.
- Country House, a ''''comedy with corpses,'''' is a wicked subversion of all those realistic psychological dramas of jealousy, adultery, murder and suicide that ask to be taken seriously. Witkacy''s send-up assumes the form of a ghost story full of surprises, in the course of which an entire family of four is gleefully dispatched to the other world. When it was first performed in 1923 in Torun, Country House was judged unsuitable for the general public because it derided moral, social and dramatic convention. Three years later, as directed by the playwright himself in Lwów, the drama proved an
- BOOK COVER; HALF-TITLE; TITLE; COPYRIGHT; CONTENTS; INTRODUCTION TO THE SERIES; LIST OF PLATES; CHRONOLOGY OF THE LIFE OF STANISLAW IGNACY WITKIEWICZ (ALSO KNOWN AS WITKACY); INTRODUCTION; COUNTRY HOUSE; The Characters; ACT ONE; ACT TWO; ACT THREE; APPENDIX; SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY
- Translation of: W małym dworku.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Gerould, Daniel C. (Daniel Charles), 1928-2012.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|