Advanced presentations by design [electronic resource] : creating communication that drives action / Andrew V. Abela.
- 1st edition
- San Francisco : Pfeiffer, c2008.
- Pfeiffer essential resources for training and HR professionals.
Pfeiffer essential resources for training and HR professionals
1 online resource (219 p.)
- Business presentations.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Advanced Presentations by Design overturns much of the conventional wisdom and practice for creating presentations. Based on over 200 research studies from the fields of communication, marketing, psychology, multimedia, and law, it provides fact-based answers to critical questions about presentation design, including how to adapt your presentation to different audience personality preferences, what role your data should play and how much of it you need, how to turn your data into a story, and how to design persuasive yet comprehensible visual layouts.
- ADVANCED PRESENTATIONS BY DESIGN: Creating Communication That Drives Action; Contents; Foreword; Acknowledgments; Introduction; Why Do We Need to Reinvent the Way We Design Presentations?; How to Reinvent Your Presentation: The Extreme Presentation Method; Where to Start...; How This Book Is Different from All Other Presentation Books; What This Book Is and Is Not-About; The Structure of This Book; Part I: POLITICS AND METRICS; Chapter 1: Understanding What Types of Communication Will Be Most Effective for Your Audience; Chapter 2: Setting a Measurable Objective for Your Presentation
Part II: LOGIC Chapter 3: Articulating the Audience's Business Problem and Your Proposed Solution to It; Chapter 4: Marshaling Your Evidence; Part III: RHETORIC; Chapter 5: Assembling the Anecdotes That Will Illustrate Your Evidence; Chapter 6: Sequencing Your Evidence; Part IV: GRAPHICS; Chapter 7: Visual Presentation Elements: Graphics, Charts, Color, Animation, and Fonts; Chapter 8: Laying Out All the Elements on Each Page; Part V: POLITICS AND METRICS AGAIN; Chapter 9: Satisfying Your Stakeholders and Measuring Success; Chapter 10: Conclusion; Appendix A: Worksheets
Appendix B: Extreme Presentation Makeover Appendix C: Thirty-Six Layouts That Pass the Squint Test; Appendix D: Further Reading; Appendix E: 1,000 Good Books; References; Index; About the Author
- "An essential knowledge resource"--P.  of cover.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 173-181) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|