Radiation damage in some refractory metals / R.P. Agarwala.
- Uetikon-Zuerich, Switzerland ; Enfield, New Hampshire : Trans Tech Publications, 
- Materials science foundations ; v. 25.
Materials science foundations, 1422-3597 ; volume 25
1 online resource (66 p.)
- Materials -- Effect of radiation on.
Metals -- Effect of radiation on.
Heat resistant alloys.
- Electronic books.
- In Chapter-1 of this timely book, radiation damage in vanadium, niobium, molybdenum and tungsten is discussed at the atomic level; treating - for instance - third-stage recovery in terms of self-interstitials being mobile traps for - predominantly - vacancies. Higher recovery stages are treated by using various techniques, such as: electrical resistivity, electron microscopy, positron annihilation spectroscopy and computer simulation - thus revealing vacancy-cluster break-up in stage-V and interstitial cluster annealing in stage-VI. Overall, these and other results are presented in 6 chapters:
- Radiation Damage in Some Refractory Metals; Table of Contents; Preface; Acknowledgement; Bio-Data of Editor; Table of Contents; Radiation Damage in Some Refractory Metals; a. Neutron Irradiated Recovery in V-2% Zr Alloy; B. Oxygen Interaction in Irradiated Dilute Vanadiumalloys; a. Helium Ion Damage in Vanadium-2% Zirconium Alloys; b. Recovery of Helium Ion Irradiated Molybdenum; Surface Ion Damage of Refractory Coatings; i) Carbon Coatings; ii) Titanium Carbide Coatings; iii) Effect of Deuterium Ion Bombardment on Boron Coatings. iv) Deuterium Ion Bombardment Behaviour of Aluminacoatings
v) Aluminium Oxy-Nitride CoatingsRecovery of Fast Neutron Irradiation of A-203 Steel; Study of Swelling of Vanadium on High Neutron Irradiation; Authors Index
- "P.R. [i.e.] R.P. Agarwala."--Cover.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|