Hepatotrophic factors [electronic resource].
- Amsterdam ; New York : Elsevier/Excerpta Medica/North-Holland, 1978.
- Conference Name:
- Symposium on Hepatotrophic Factors (1977 : London, England)
Symposium on Hepatotrophic Factors
- Ciba Foundation symposium ; new ser. 55.
Ciba Foundation symposium (new series) ; 55
1 online resource (418 p.)
- Liver -- Diseases -- Congresses.
Liver -- Regeneration -- Congresses.
Liver cells -- Congresses.
Insulin -- Physiological effect -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Hepatotrophic Factors; Contents; Introduction; Ultrastructural and metabolic studies of isolated and cultured hepatocytes; Discussion; Kinetics of hepatocellular proliferation as a function of the microvascular structure and functional state of the liver; Discussion; Proliferation of hepatocytes; Discussion; Hormonal factors concerned with liver regeneration; Discussion; A hundred years of the hepatotrophic controversy; Discussion; Other views about the hepatotrophic concept; Discussion; Signals for insulin secretion; Signals for glucagon secretion; Discussion
Liver atrophy, hypertrophy and regenerative hyperplasia in the rat: the relevance of blood flowDiscussion; Insulin as a cellular growth regulator; Insulin-induced liver hyperplasia: evidence for a negative liversize-correcting process; Discussion of the two preceding papers; Amino acid transport in isolated hepatocytes: effect of glucagon; Discussion; Hepatotrophic effects of pancreatic and gastrointestinal hormones in the rat in vivo and in vitro; Discussion; Studies on plasma cytotoxicity and liver regeneration in fulminant hepatic failure; Discussion
Portacaval shunt for glycogen storage disease and hyperlipidaemiaDiscussion; Glycogen storage disease: new approaches to therapy; Discussion; Hepatotrophic factors: implications for diabetes mellitus; Discussion; General discussion; Index of contributors; Subject index
- "Symposium on Hepatotrophic Factors, held at the Ciba Foundation, London, 9th-11th May 1977"--Participants page.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|