Photonic sensing [electronic resource] : principles and applications for safety and security monitoring / Gaozhi Xiao, Wojtek J. Bock.
- 1st edition
- Hoboken, NJ : Wiley, c2012.
- Wiley Series in Microwave and Optical Engineering
Wiley series in microwave and optical engineering
1 online resource (334 p.)
- Optical fiber detectors.
Optical fiber detectors -- Safety measures.
Optical fiber detectors -- Security measures.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- A cutting-edge look at safety and security applications of photonic sensors With its many superior qualities, photonic sensing technology is increasingly used in early-detection and early-warning systems for biological hazards, structural flaws, and security threats. Photonic Sensing provides for the first time a comprehensive review of this exciting and rapidly evolving field, focusing on the development of cutting-edge applications in diverse areas of safety and security, from biodetection to biometrics. The book brings together contributions from leading experts
- Photonic Sensing; Contents; Preface; Contributors; 1 Surface Plasmons for Biodetection; 1.1 Introduction; 1.2 Principles of SPR Biosensors; 1.2.1 Surface Plasmons; 1.2.2 Excitation of Surface Plasmons; 1.2.3 Sensors Based on Surface Plasmons; 1.2.4 SPR Affinity Biosensors; 1.2.5 Performance Characteristics of SPR Biosensors; 1.3 Optical Platforms for SPR Sensors; 1.3.1 Prism-Based SPR Sensors; 1.3.2 SPR Sensors Based on Grating Couplers; 1.3.3 SPR Sensors Based on Optical Waveguides; 1.3.4 Commercial SPR Sensors; 1.4 Functionalization Methods for SPR Biosensors; 1.4.1 Functional Layers
1.4.2 Attachment of Receptors to Functional Surfaces1.4.3 Molecular Recognition Elements; 1.5 Applications of SPR Biosensors; 1.5.1 Detection Formats; 1.5.2 Medical Diagnostics; 1.5.3 Environmental Monitoring; 1.5.4 Food Quality and Safety; 1.6 Summary; References; 2 Microchip-Based Flow Cytometry in Photonic Sensing: Principles and Applications for Safety and Security Monitoring; 2.1 Introduction; 2.2 Microchip-Based Flow Cytometry; 2.3 Microchip-Based Flow Cytometry with Integrated Optics; 2.4 Applications; 2.5 Conclusion; References
3 Optofluidic Techniques for the Manipulation of Micro Particles: Principles and Applications to Bioanalyses3.1 Introduction; 3.2 Optofluidic Techniques for the Manipulation of Particles; 3.2.1 Fiber-Based Optofluidic Techniques; 3.2.2 Near-Field Optofluidic Techniques; 3.2.3 Optical Chromatography Techniques: Axial-Type and Cross-Type; 3.3 Enhancing Optical Manipulation with a Monolithically Integrated on-Chip Structure; 3.4 Applications; 3.5 Conclusion; Acknowledgments; References; 4 Optical Fiber Sensors and Their Applications for Explosive Detection; 4.1 Introduction
4.2 A Brief Review of Existing Fiber-Optic-Based Explosive Detectors4.3 High Performance Fiber-Optic Explosive Detector Based on the AFP Thin Film; 4.3.1 Optimizing Fiber-Optic Explosive Detector Architecture; 4.3.2 Experimental Demonstration of Fluorescent Quenching Detection and Discussion; 4.3.3 Unique Advantage of the Optimized Detector-Dramatically Increased Fluorescence Collection through the End-Face-TIR Process; 4.4 Generating High Quality Polymer Film-Pretreatment with Adhesion Promoter; 4.5 Effect of Photodegradation on AFP Polymer
4.6 Optimizing Polymer Concentration for Optimized AFP-Film Thickness4.7 Explosive Vapor Preconcentration and Delivery; 4.7.1 Adsorption/Desorption Zone 40; 4.7.2 Equilibrium Zone 46; 4.7.3 Chromatography Zone 52; 4.7.4 Preconditioning Zone 60; 4.7.5 Sensing Zone 42; 4.8 Future Directions and Conclusions; References; 5 Photonic Liquid Crystal Fiber Sensors for Safety and Security Monitoring; 5.1 Introduction; 5.2 Materials and Experimental Setups; 5.3 Principle of Operation; 5.3.1 Mechanism of Propagation in a PLCF; 5.3.2 LC Arrangement in PCF; 5.4 Tuning Possibility; 5.4.1 Thermal Tuning
5.4.2 Electrical Tuning
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Bock, Wojtek J.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|