Banking and financial institutions [electronic resource] : a guide for directors, investors, and counterparties / Benton E. Gup.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 2011.
- Wiley finance series.
Wiley finance series
1 online resource (379 p.)
- Banks and banking -- United States.
Financial institutions -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- "This book is a breakdown of the structure of banks and how they work for investors and prospective borrowers. Analyzing bank financial statements, such as Uniform Bank Performance Report (UPBRs), requires considerable knowledge of bank operations. Borrowers and other bank customers should need this knowledge of banking in order to facilitate their borrowing/lending process and the pricing of the products that they use. Banking products include traditional loans and deposits, as well as stock brokerage and investments, insurance, payment systems services, wealth management, and other services related to finance are also part of banking and need to be understood in its entirety for efficient bank work flow"-- Provided by publisher.
- Banking and Financial Institutions; Contents; Preface; Acknowledgments; About the Author; CHAPTER 1 Lessons Learned from Banking Crises; CHAPTER 2 The Economic Role of Financial Intermediaries; CHAPTER 3 The Evolving Legal Environment; CHAPTER 4 Asset/Liability Management; CHAPTER 5 Hedging and Risk Management; CHAPTER 6 Commercial and Industrial Loans; CHAPTER 7 Real Estate and Consumer Lending; CHAPTER 8 Bank Capital: Capital Adequacy; CHAPTER 9 Evaluating Bank Performance; CHAPTER 10 Payments Systems; CHAPTER 11 Other Financial Services; CHAPTER 12 A Guide to Islamic Banking
CHAPTER 13 The View from the Top: Recommendations from a Superintendent of BanksNotes; Glossary; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|