Governing and managing knowledge in Asia [electronic resource] / ceditors, Thomas Menkhoff, Hans-Dieter Evers, Chay Yue Wah.
- 2nd ed.
- Singapore : World Scientific, c2010.
- Series on innovation and knowledge management ; v. 9.
Series on innovation and knowledge management, 1793-1533 ; v. 9
1 online resource (396 p.)
- Knowledge management -- Asia.
- Electronic books.
- The field of knowledge for development now occupies a top position on the agenda of all Asian governments as well as large development organizations. This book reflects this mega-trend of development towards KBEs (Knowledge Based Economies). For this 2nd edition all chapters have been thoroughly edited and data, tables and graphs have been updated to reflect the latest available statistics. Trends have been re-evaluated and adjusted to reflect recent developments in the fast-moving scene of knowledge governance and knowledge management.
- Contents; Contributors; List of Figures; List of Tables; Acknowledgments; Acknowledgments Introduction Governing and Managing Knowledge in Asia Thomas Menkhoff, Hans-Dieter Evers and Yue Wah Chay; Why This Book?; Contents; References; Part I What is Knowledge?; Chapter 1 Knowledge of Enterprise: Knowledge Management or Knowledge Technology? Milan Zeleny; Chapter 2 "Knowledge" and the Sociology of Science Hans-Dieter Evers; Part II The Rise of Asian Knowledge Society; Chapter 3 The Knowledge Gap and the Digital Divide Hans-Dieter Evers
Chapter 4 Local and Global Knowledge: Social Science Research on South-east Asia Solvay Gerke and Hans-Dieter Evers Chapter 5 Transition Towards a Knowledge Society: Malaysia and Indonesia in Global Perspective Hans-Dieter Evers; Part III Strategic Groups as K-economy Drivers; Chapter 6 Knowledge Management: An Essential Tool for the Public Sector Thomas B. Riley; Chapter 7 Reflections about the Role of Expert Knowledge and Consultants in an Emerging Knowledge-based Economy Hans-Dieter Evers and Thomas Menkhoff
Chapter 8 Knowledge in Development: Epistemic Machineries in a Global Context Hans-Dieter Evers, Markus Kaiser and Christine M ̈ullerChapter 9 Building Vibrant Science and Technology Parks with Knowledge Management: Trends in Singapore Thomas Menkhoff, Hans-Dieter Evers, Marshall W. Meyer and Lionel Meng Huat Lim; Chapter 10 Applying Knowledge Management in University Research Benjamin Loh, Ai-Chee Tang, Thomas Menkhoff, Yue Wah Chay and Hans-Dieter Evers; Part IV KM Applications and Challenges
Chapter 11 Notes from an "Intelligent Island": Towards Strategic Knowledge Management in Singapore's Small Business Sector Thomas Menkhoff, Yue Wah Chay and Benjamin Loh Chapter 12 Collaboration and Competition: The Knowledge Research Institute of Singapore as a Model KM System Patrick Lambe; Chapter 13 Creating a KM Platform for Strategic Success: A Case Study of Wipro Technologies, India RaviShankar Mayasandra N. and Shan Ling Pan; Part V Focus on K-sharing Behavior in Organizations
Chapter 14 What Makes Knowledge Sharing in Organizations Tick? - An Empirical Study Yue Wah Chay, Thomas Menkhoff, Benjamin Loh and Hans-Dieter Evers Chapter 15 The Moderating Effects of Friendship Ties and Dispositional Factors on Inducement and Knowledge Sharing Among Employees Ho-Beng Chia, Dishan Kamdar, Glenn J. Nosworthy and YueWah Chay; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Menkhoff, Thomas.
Chay, Yue Wah.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|