Spain and the great powers in the twentieth century [electronic resource] / edited by Sebastian Balfour and Paul Preston.
- New York : Routledge, 1999.
- Routledge/Cañada Blanch studies on contemporary Spain.
Routledge/Cañada Blanch studies in contemporary Spain
1 online resource (283 p.)
- International relations.
Spain -- Foreign relations -- 20th century.
Spain -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- Electronic books.
- Spain and the Great Powers in the Twentieth Centuryexamines the international context to, and influences on, Spanish history and politics from 1898 to the present day. Spanish history is necessarily international, with the significance of Spain's neutrality in the First World War and the global influences on the outcome of the Spanish Civil War.Taking the Defeat in the Spanish American war of 1898 as a starting point, the book includes surveys on: *the crisis of neutrality during the First World War *foreign policy under the dictatorship of Primo de Rivera *the allies and the Span
- Book Cover; Title; Contents; List of contributors; Introduction: Spain and the Great Powers SEBASTIAN BALFOUR AND PAUL PRESTON; Spain and the Great Powers in the aftermath of the Disaster of 1898 SEBASTIAN BALFOUR; Spain and the First World War FRANCISCO ROMERO; Foreign policy under the dictatorship of Primo de Rivera ISMAEL SAZ; The Second Republic in the international arena ISMAEL SAZ; The Allies and the Spanish Civil War ENRIQUE MORADIELLOS; Nazi Germany and Francoist Spain, 1936 1945 CHRISTIAN LEITZ; Italy and Spain in Civil War and World War, 1936 1943 PAUL PRESTON
Franco and the Allies in the Second World War DENIS SMYTHSpain, Britain and the Cold War FLORENTINO PORTERO; Spain and the United States, 1945 1975 BORIS LIEDTKE; Breaking the shackles from the past: Spanish foreign policy from Franco to Felipe Gonzlez ANGEL VIAS; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Balfour, Sebastian.
Preston, Paul, 1946-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|