Invertebrate Paleontology (Mesozoic) of Israel and Adjacent Countries with Emphasis on the Brachiopoda / Howard R. Feldman.
- Boston, MA : Academic Studies Press, 
- Touro University Press
1 online resource (320 p.)
- Brachiopoda, Fossil -- Israel.
Brachiopoda, Fossil -- Middle East.
Paleontology -- Israel.
Paleontology -- Middle East.
Paleontology -- Triassic.
Paleontology -- Jurassic.
- Electronic books.
- This book consists of a series of papers that help to unravel the taxonomy of the phylum Brachiopoda and describe associated marine communities in the Levant. These faunas inhabited shallow shelf environments near the boundary of the Indo-African and Tethyan faunal realms near the Jurassic equator along the southern Tethyan margin. This research is part of a long-term project that aims to delineate the distribution of brachiopods across faunal realm boundaries and reconstruct the biogeographic history of the region. The work provides a more detailed analysis of the endemism that is characteristic of the faunas of northern Sinai, the Negev and Jordan, and will also aid in the construction of a biogeographic framework for Jurassic strata in the Middle East. It represents an important contribution to our knowledge of the evolution of modern marine communities because their roots lie in the ecological diversifications of the Jurassic.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE. A Comparison of Jurassic and Devonian Brachiopod Communities: Trophic Structure, Diversity, Substrate Relations and Niche Replacement
CHAPTER TWO. A New Species of the Jurassic (Callovian) Brachiopod Septirhynchia from Northern Sinai
CHAPTER THREE. Goliathyris lewyi, New Species (Brachiopoda, Terebratulacea) from the Jurassic of Gebel El-Minshera, Northern Sinai
CHAPTER FOUR. Brachiopods from the Jurassic of Gebel El-Maghara, Northern Sinai
CHAPTER FIVE. Epi- and Endobiontic Organisms on Late Jurassic Crinoid Columns from the Negev Desert, Israel: Implications for Co-evolution
CHAPTER SIX. The Jurassic of the Southern Levant: Biostratigraphy, Palaeogeography and Cyclic Events
CHAPTER SEVEN. Brachiopods from the Jurassic (Callovian) of Hamakhtesh Hagadol (Kurnub Anticline), Southern Israel
CHAPTER EIGHT. A New Species of Coenothyris (Brachiopoda) from the Triassic (Upper Anisian-Ladinian) of Israel
CHAPTER NINE. Paleoecology, Taphonomy, and Biogeography of a Coenothyris Community (Brachiopoda, Terebratulida) from the Triassic (Upper Anisian-Lower Ladinian) of Israel
CHAPTER TEN. A New Equatorial, Very Shallow Marine Sclerozoan Fauna from the Middle Jurassic (Late Callovian) of Southern Israel
CHAPTER ELEVEN. Bioerosion in an Equatorial Middle Jurassic Coral-Sponge Reef Community (Callovian, Matmor Formation, southern Israel)
CHAPTER TWELVE. Jurassic Rhynchonellide Brachiopods from the Jordan Valley
CHAPTER THIRTEEN. Taxonomy and Paleobiogeography of Late Bathonian Brachiopods from Gebel Engabashi, Northern Sinai
Appendix a: Original Publication and Contributing Authors
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 21. Dez 2019)
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9781618113061 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|